Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cam Ward

First acquired through ebay.  Second in person on September 18, 2010.

The photo of Cam Ward's save against Fernando Pisani in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final was bought just after their Stanley Cup win in 2006 and it was pretty cool getting him to sign it in person at the Caniac Carnival in Raleigh, North Carolina.  Cam smiled the moment that he saw the photo and recognized what it was; kinda wonder if he had seen the photo much before or since then.  Maybe not since he obviously made the save.  He is by far my favorite hockey player and even though he is far behind any wins record holders, he probably has the most upside of any goalie under 30 years of age right now.  I know I'm biased, but his stats in the 2008-09 season prove in my mind that he can be a good number one goalie in the NHL; I just hope that he does well for the rest of his career and doesn't have any more injury-riddled seasons.

No comments: